Sickle Cell THALASSEMIA PATIENTS NETWORK (SCTPN)
13th ANNUAL WALK-FOR-EDUCATION & AWARENESS
Speak Volumes with #1ViralVoice
August 2, 2011 – NEW YORK, NY: Saturday, September 24, 2011, RAIN OR SHINE, the Sickle Cell Thalassemia Patients Network (SCTPN) will host its 13th Annual Sickle Cell WALK-for-Education and Awareness in two locations; Central Park (Mineral Springs – West 67th Street & Central Park West) as well as, Cow Meadow Park in Freeport Long Island. Registration starts at 9am. The Walk will commence at 11am.
Sickle Cell Thalassemia Patients Network, (SCTPN) a 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt organization, provides education, advocacy, referral services, and support for individuals and families living with Sickle Cell disease, thalassemia (Cooley’s Anemia), and other inherited blood disorders.
Helping families is a top priority of SCTPN as a result, funds will also be used to increases public awareness of Sickle Cell disease and other hemoglobin disorders. Part of the proceeds will be used to support SCTPN’s Undergraduate Scholarship and Lori N. Fleming Belanger Graduate Scholarship Fund.
In support of our objective for education and awareness this event will act as a platform to garner support for the Sickle Cell community as a means of recruitment for new members and volunteers to sustain the SCTPN’s growth and expansion goals. We encourage you to speak volumes by participating in the 13th Annual Sickle Cell WALK-for-Education and Awareness at one of the two locations. This event will go a long way in bringing attention to the needs of families living with and suffering from Sickle Cell. Joins us online via facebook by liking SCTPN Walk you can speak volumes with your viral voice.
Saturday, September 24, 2011 speak volumes for the Sickle Cell community by walking in support, rain or shine.
Contact: Tanesha Harrigan (917) 548-2645 M-F 9-5
Committee Chair on Public & Media Relations email@example.com
Like this content? We want to connect with you!
- #1ViralVoice Using Social Media to Support Sickle Cell Awareness (isupportdigitalmag.wordpress.com)
- #1ViralVoice Florida | Sickle cell trait education (isupportdigitalmag.com)
- What is sickle-cell? (zocdoc.com)
- Can anyone get sickle cell disease? (zocdoc.com)
- SCDAA – Sickle Cell Parent Support Group is having a meeting (madisonhollandfoundation.com)
- Sickle cell fact sheet for student athletes (madisonhollandfoundation.com)
- Supporting World Sickle Cell Day (spiceyouthtoronto.wordpress.com)