MEDIA ADVISORY CONTACT: Tenesha Haringan
September 19, 2011 (917)548-2645
SCTPN 13TH ANNUAL 10K WALK FOR SICKLE CELL AWARENESS
WHO:The Sickle Cell Thalassemia Patients Network – (SCTPN)
WHAT: 13th Annual 10K Walk-For-Education & Awareness
WHEN: Saturday, September 24, 2011
WHERE: Mineral Springs Field in Central Park, Central Park West & 67th Street | Cow Meadow Park, Freeport, Long Island
TIME: Registration begins at 9 a.m. Walk starts at 11 a.m.
Registration Fee: $15 online (thru 9/15) – $20 on site
For more information and to pre-register log onto: http://www.sctpnwalk.org or call: (347) 533-8485.
The Sickle Cell Thalassemia Patients Network (SCTPN) walk is held as part of National Sickle Cell Awareness Month. Proceeds will support SCTPN’s Sickle Cell Public Education Program, Community Outreach Initiative, and its College Scholarship fund for young adults living with sickle cell disease.
Sponsored in part by Con Edison, Irie Jam Radio 93.5 FM, New York Blood Center.
SCTPN is a non-profit 501©3 organization.
Contributions can also be made on GuideStar.com, and JustGive.com.
# # #
- #1ViralVoice Using Social Media to Support Sickle Cell Awareness (isupportdigitalmag.wordpress.com)
- Speak Volumes for Sickle Cell with #1ViralVoice (isupportdigitalmag.com)
- #1ViralVoice Florida | Sickle cell trait education (isupportdigitalmag.com)
- Sickle Cell Awareness Month (casuallyspeaking.wordpress.com)
- Sickle cell disease: Know your genotype (vanguardngr.com)
- Sickle Cell Anemia – A Common Hereditary Form (everydayhealth.com)